Monday, December 1, 2008

Watch the Tots

So the Book Store Meetup was a success. Moms enjoyed the activity, space and the company of other moms! Yeeahh! Now we are at the point of the Holiday Chaos and all I can think is: hopefully we start the new year strong. There are so many things pulling on all the moms. I know they all have struggles so there must be a balance between good communication and polite accountability from me. Its so much fun to see moms talking, and kids playing with a sense that the purpose is to have an outting with your kid(s) and enjoy some adult conversation too.

The next goal is, what more can I do to create a sense of community in the group. After going out holiday food shopping with the boys and realizing they were going to destroy the produce section - It dawned on me that to have a few hours of shopping time (without the spouse/other family member involvement) without having to pay might be nice. Also not dragging your kids to the store while trying to creatively and frugally shop might actually add to the enjoyment of the Holidays. So thats the next venture.....Execution of the 'Watch the Tots' mission is another subject. I will probably have to call moms and ask individually if they'd like a personal sitting or a group one where the kids could play and 'run amuk' together. Each has to evaluate the time, when they'll have the money to shop and the location needs. I think 5 hours is a fair amount of time especially if they have drive to my home. If I visit them it will be a little less, like about 3 half hours. So thats the next item on the agenda. Lets see what good cheer this might bring DMOC.
Happy Holidays

1 comment:

Denver Mothers of Color said...

Moms have not reaponded to the need for Holiday Shopping Sitter, so we will have a Gingerbread House Building at a moms home! I am excited that someone else is opening her home to us and I want the response to be a good one. Next week I will call and ask moms to RSVP. I dont want this to go unnoticed - its hard to prepare for a meetup when people dont RSVP and let you know whats up. I pray its a good turn out and moms support one another!