Sunday, December 7, 2008

Moms at the Museum!

Todays meetup at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science went well! Two new moms came out and it was great to meet them; three moms I know visited and it was so good to see them again! These mothers sweetness toward their children, patience, discipline, and even frustration with their sometime hardheaded, energetic, kids; who still looked to their mothers with eyes of comfort and cheerfulness; no matter the situation, was inspiring. I can only complain that since we arrived at different times it was not all 6 of us together at one time. But it was wonderful to have the efforts of 5 moms, and then 4 make this meetup well worth it. Its was nice to have some ice breaking conversations, and catch up on issues discussed previously. Each conversation concerning the demands we face: job stresses, kid joys, and the tiredness we all felt after a long day of chasing and being pulled by our little ones through the three levels of the Museum. Toward the end of the meet, we last 4 moms had a moment where we all realized that out kids were the same age, and we were once all pregnant at the same time. Very obvious but, its funny how that is a bond for us. Who knows what we were going through during our pregnancies, and now we were somehow sitting on the same bench talking and newly getting to know one another, as our children played together. Pretty cool thought. Each of us moms are all different, and we have lots in common. Its nice to get to know people and appreciate life together.
Thanks Moms! I hope you enjoyed today as much as I did!
I am thankful for you!

1 comment:

OL said...

Oh I miss that museum already! How fun. It's so funny how we tend to forget that other moms are just like ourselves. Speaking for myself, I tend to get caught up in such a lonely cycle of: "I'm the only mother in the world, I'm all by myself!" and tend to forget that there are others just like me, pregnant when I was, giving birth at the same hospital, going through the same day to day struggles... so obvious... but
eye-opening at the same time.